Can Pots Cause Spotting Between Periods?

kayjay

Does anyone else have spotting between periods? I have had this problem for the past ten years (I am now 36). It was really annoying :rolleyes: when I was teaching. I had a cyst removed thinking that this would cure the problem. It has not. Now I am wondering if it is a symptom of my Hyperadrenic POTS> Please let me know if anyone else has this problem. I don't have any other Gyn problems. THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE! Thanks

Hi Kayjay,

I'm not aware that POTS itself can cause spotting between periods, but stress that upsets your hormones certainly can cause spotting. I guess the stress of chronic illness could contribute to spotting but to have it for such a long time wouldn't be typical.

Have you had a full gynae check up and specifically asked about the spotting? Are you using any hormone contraceptives?

Flop

Flop, Yes... i don't have any GYN problems (other than this one) they can't give me hormone pills b/c of my bad reaction to YAZ (although i never had problems with other birth control pills). I would feel better if someone else had this problem due to pots- I don't really want to go back to gynecolgist when it is not a huge probelm... just an annoyance.

Hi Kayjay,

have you thought of trying the Mirena IUS? Insead of having copper like a normal coil (which can make periods heavier) it has a low dose of progestogen hormone. The hormone is released directly into the womb so hardly any gets into the rest of your body. Most women find that with a mirena their periods become much lighter and shorter and for quite a few their periods stop altogether. In the UK it has become the treatment of choice for heavy or irregular bleeding. I was planning on having one myself but am taking Yasmin for acne and doing well so my gynae said to wait and decide next year.

Flop