Lexapro

Hi! I recently went to a new rhuematologist cause I was having unexplainable joint pain, knees ankles jaw. He prescribed lexapro. he said that this is a new approach, but obviously the previouse ones, gabapentin, cymbalta, lyrica, ect. have not worked. He gave me lexapro to see if he could slow down the nervouse system, and then hopefully we can start to treat the root probs. Anyhow, what are your feelings/opinions/experinces on this?? ANY advice would be helpful and appreciated! THANKS!

Personally SSRI's are awful for me, but some POTS people have found them useful. Lexapro was one of the first meds prescribed to me before I was diagnosed and the doctor at the time thought I just had anxiety. It just made things worse for me. As with all meds, every person reacts differently. However, trying a super, super low dose rather than a normal dose may be a better idea. All the meds that I remember from when I first got sick, I hadn't realized how sensative my body is to dosage, so maybe I reacted badly because of too high of a dose that is normal for most people.

Tammy, thanks for the response!! I was put on 10mg... one time a day. To be honest, I dont really know what the 'normal' dose is! I will be on it for 3 wks before returning to the dr. I have been on it for 2 weeks now, and to be honest, the first week was awful, I too seem to be sensitive to meds and doseages, but this week has been better. But I dont notice Any difference. I dont really know if I was suppose to feel a difference at this point yet or not, I know some meds take a bit to 'kick in'. I tried cymbalta prior to this, and had to go off cause the side effects were really bad. The lyrica I was only on 2 weeks when the sweitched me to cymbalta cause it was 'better', but when I was on it 2 yrs ago, for 1 month, it didnt help, so I went back on the nueronton. In some ways I wish they would just let me see if the nueroton would help! I was on it of 3yrs, then went off for a yr because I didnt seem to need it, but now I am not doing so well so the search for relief goes on!! Ha, Healthy thoughts your way :)