Test Results ... Autonomic Neuropathy Type 1 Or 2?

jjb

First I apologize for starting two threads at once.

Ava and I had our testing this past April. We still have not had our follow up and it may be a ways away, but I briefly spoke w/ the aut neuro this morning as Ava has a five year check up tomorrow and I am certain pedi will be asking me about the test results.

Anyway, the skin biopsy was normal but the neuro says there it is likely hereditary autonomic neuropathy.

I guess I knew this, but he said it could be type one or type two.

I did not realize there were different types.

Anyone know what the difference is?

Hi,

I have to finish getting around for an appmt, but thought I would quickly post...

I think they are referring to HSAN 1 & 2. For info. google hereditary sensory (and) autonomic neuropathy. I think they probably ruled the others out by that pain response is intact and that she does have the ability to thermoregulate (sweat).

Hope that helps!

:)

Hi,

I have to finish getting around for an appmt, but thought I would quickly post...

I think they are referring to HSAN 1 & 2 . For info. google hereditary sensory (and) autonomic neuropathy. I think they probably ruled the others out by that pain response is intact and that she does have the ability to thermoregulate (sweat).

Hope that helps!

:)

Yes, I assume they are referring to HSAN and have googled some.

Looking for info from the expereinced.

Ava does have response to pain, but has no distal sweating and no facial sweating ... and has other autonomic quirks.

I realize this is a milder form of HSAN (thankfully) but am wondering if it is progressive.

My mother is only able to sweat along her hairline. I don't think I have adequate distal sweating but have tons of torso & neck sweating.

I have lots of sensory quriks and am gradually losing some sensation (or at least am getting numbing) at the finger tips.