Anyone Have Heart Problems???

Apierpoint,

Thank you! I get so sleepy on even low doses of the beta-blockers too. I was initially on 25 mg of Toprol XL and the previous cardio told me when I was ready to wean off to half it for a few days or a week and then stop. Yeah right! I had the worst rebound effects. So, I stayed on half and started the process of getting a new referral to a new doc. And, the new one is who sent me to the EP. Bless his heart! Anyway, a few weeks before the consult appointment with the EP, I started halving the already halved Toprol XL and I got rebound effects that time too. Just from cutting out 6 mg! So, I was on roughly 6 mg and the EP told me that was basically a homeopathic dose and to stop it whenever I wanted if I started feeling better from the new meds. So, I stopped it that night and of course got rebound. But, still tachy here now. My average for today has been 110-ish. So, what I'm getting at is I know what you mean about being more sensitive to those drugs than most. Most of the time my docs tell me they don't think it's the meds since it's not a common side effect. Ugh, I have gotten really good at monitoring what I take in and how it effects me at this point so don't tell me it isn't OK? lol I'm just so afraid to start the bb back up and get sleepy again. I am so tired of being tired and others looking at me like I'm lazy!! But, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. Take care!