Safety And Effects Of Florinef Longterm?

mkoven

I've been on florinef for almost a year, and it's really helped even out my bp. I do wonder, though, about possible longterm effects. I'm at a low dose--.075 (3/4 of a .1 pill) and my bp is rarely over 125/70--usually 115/70 or so. I still feel okay when it's 105/65. Much lower, and I start to feel a bit unwell. So it hasn't made me hypertensive. My potassium has been consistently normal. It's just still strange to me and everyone around me to be TRYING to retain fluid. And then there was just a study showing that EVERYONE should lower their bps, even if they are "normal" to better control risks for heart problems (Of course, not written about us--just the general populace.)

Just nervous. I'm scheduled for my annual echocardiogram in a month and just hope there are no bad changes. The main changes in the last year have been florinef, norvasc, and regular exercise. I also have eds, and they like to follow up on aorta and valves.

Ive been on florinef consistanly for 11 yrs and haven't had any real problems. I've also had ekg's done at different times and they all have been fine so I don't think theres anything to worry about. Most important keep your sodium, potassium, and water levels normals.

The main side effects I've had is that it does make me gain weight, like 10 pounds, when I decrease my dose I loose the weight quickly. It also can cause acne so don't panic if you start having skin trouble.

hope this helps. ~bananas