Started Florinef Four Days Ago...

ajw4790

Hi all!

I started Florinef 4 days ago. I was prescribed 0.1 mg a day, but decided to split it for the first week to work up to the 0.1 mg.

All in all I don't have many complaints about the med trial yet. I am just concerned or confused that I seem to almost be having the opposite reaction than what is supposed to happen... Not irregular for me, but I thought this meds action was so straight forward, I wasn't expecting the opposite to occcur.

Has anyone else had any of this happen???

For one I have LOST weight (I was quite worried I would gain more). It appears to be water weight.

PLUS, my weight stays more consistent through out the day. Before it would change 5-7 lbs during the day, now within 1-2 lbs.

My bloated stomach is a LOT less bloated!!!

I feel like I have a little less urge/need to drink as much water.

I also seem to lose more water during the day through urination. Not, sure if it makes sense, but I feel like it is regulating what comes in and out better. I think I hold on to the water if I need it, but if I don't need it as much then it is excreted. I don't feel like I am excessively losing fluid.

And this is just 4 days?! I still have the insomnia I have had for over a week prior to starting the med. I have been a little tachy at times, but not bad. I have headaches/migraines, but I figure they are more due to the rainy weather and time of the month. I tend to want to lay down after taking it, but it is not my best time of the day anyways. I get minimal stomach upset and make sure to take it with food. Otherwise I haven't noticed anything to bad, just that I seem to be having an odd opposite reaction???

ALSO, I do feel like I have more energy and less orthostatic (I really don't want to jinx myself though <_< ). I have been doing much better at being able to get things done, and have increased endurance. This is with the INSOMNIA!!! Sleeping a couple hours here and there (poor quality sleep too!). Things are FAR from solved, but I am interested in why I have such an odd reaction?

Anyone else with similar experiences???

:angry:

My weight has been stable on florinef. I may have lost a couple pounds, but I think it's because it has allowed me to be more active. But just a couple pounds. I've had my potassium checked several times, and it's fine. All in all, I seem to tolerate it, and it has evened out my bps a lot.

Hi again!

Thanks!!! I have also been having quite a bit of higher blood sugar readings and my BP seems lower resting. I am getting a orthostatic BP decrease when standing that is greater than my norm, but not bad, but I have felt more woozy when I get up to fast many times now (more than I have in recent past).

It is so odd to me that my stomach is so noticbly smaller and my pants are a lot looser...

It seems like such a backward reaction!!! I am considering call the dr. tomorrow, but I am not sure where that will get me???

I only wish I knew what all of this means!

:)