Turmeric Recipes?

OK, after more research, I'm ready to give this a go. Unfortunately from the articles I've found, it would daily take 2 teaspoons of turmeric and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a COOKED form to gain maximum absorbency since it is poorly metabolized as a capsule or straight powder.

"Little curcumin, when eaten, is absorbed :[27] from 2 to 10 grams of curcumin eaten alone resulted in undetectable to very low serum levels.[28] Curcumin is unstable in the gut, and the traces that pass through the GI tract rapidly degrades or is conjugated through glucuronidation. Co-supplementation with 20 mg of piperine (extracted from black pepper) significantly increased the absorption of curcumin by 2000% in a study funded by a prominent manufacturer of piperine.[28] Further, due to its effects on drug metabolism, piperine should be taken cautiously (if at all) by individuals taking other medications." Apparently effects both Iron metabolism and Beta Blockers

Apparently it is the heat and piperine in the black pepper that increase it's effectiveness. I can tell you from tonight's dinner that it is hard to eat that much turmeric, it is very pungent and takes some getting used to. I tried a potato salad, but couldn't get it all down. I like bread and butter pickles and I like curries, but there is not that much turmeric in them. I've found some yellow rice and tea recipes, so I will continue to taste test and self test to see if it makes a difference in my symptoms.

I'll post anything tasty that contains enough curcurmin to make it effective, I'd appreciate any other posts that do the same.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginf...t-turmeric.html