Had Our Testing Yesterday

jjb

Ava and I were both tested yesterday. Mine was no surpised .. the usual pots stuff.

I am more concerned with Ava and why I went to begin with.

I ahve mentioned Ava has unusual episodes that are probably autonomic simple partial seizures. But some of the times when her episodes are long, she is still aware, but goes into a paralyzed like state, cannot move or speak but still fully aware and able to respond with eyes ... reminds me of my own episodes of sleep paralysis. During these episodes, her temp goes up, she is flushed often her o2 drops.

I showed both aut neuros a vid of one of her episodes. They are thinking more likely a parasomnia and think in general her true sz, these possible parasomnias and the autonomic stuff is some how related.

Her results from the test were different from mine.

Her sweating was completely absent and BP was elevated during head up tilt.

Prelim conclusion was abnormal study w/ marked sudomotor impairment and evidence of increased adrenergic activity .. findings consistent w/ autonomic neuropathy affecting cholinergenic nerve fibers. We will meet up with hi a month to go over everything in more detail after biopsy and stuff gets back.

Sooo ...

What exactly does sudomotor impairment mean in re to AD and what are symptoms of?

What does increased adrenergic activity mean and what are symptoms of?

And what are those cholinergenic nerve fibers and what does it effect?

Thanks,

Jen

What exactly does sudomotor impairment mean in re to AD and what are symptoms of?

What does increased adrenergic activity mean and what are symptoms of?

And what are those cholinergenic nerve fibers and what does it effect?

I have moderate to severe sudomotor impairment - I think this is r.e. inability to sweat (I have distal loss of ability to sweat).

it says on my copy of the results that there was evidence of mild cardiac cholinergic impairment, but I'm not sure what this means.

I think loss of cholinergic sudomotor nerve fibers can cause anhidrosis.

I think I had my testing done at the same place - did you see Dr. Novak?

" I think this is r.e. inability to sweat "

Yes, it was in re to inability to sweat, but I am trying to figure out the term "sudomotor" and cholinergic fibers and what it measn exactly and beside inability to sweat, what else does it mean? I know he said it can cause sphinter and bladder issues, weakness and sensation problems I think .... but what else. And what is the cause ... I had assumed actual damage or lesion of some sort, but it sounds like it may not be that simple.

I have a tendency to need to be able to visualize everything :rolleyes:

Yes I saw Novak ... he was great! Really hoping he can help me to get to the bottom of Ava's issues.