Pelvic Pain

Hi everyone (specifically the gals),

I have pelvic pain almost 3 weeks out of the month. It starts around ovulation and ends right after my period. This is almost 3 weeks. Sometimes it is completely intolerable and no medicine works. I have run out of options, because I don't tolerate the birth control pill. It makes my headache worse. I'm seeing gynecologist after gynecologist and no one knows what to do with me. There is nothing wrong with me. I don't have pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis. I feel like it's a combination of my regular awful cramps, blood pooling, and maybe something else. The problem is that the pain is completely out of control, and I'm just getting really depressed. I've been sick for 9.5 years and I think that it's really finally getting to me. I went to a new gynecologist today and of course there were no new answers, and I just feel like I can't take going to new doctors anymore, yet I have to. I have 3 appointments this week and next, and I'm just exhausted. I was wondering if anyone else had similar pelvic pain and had any ideas. Thanks so much.

Julie

Hi,

I was in the hosptal for 3 months and they never found out what I had. Then I went to see my internal medicine doctor who diagnosed endometriosis. I was put on depo provera and the pain disappeared in weeks.

How did they eliminate endometriosis?

This could be WAAAYYY off base...but have they considered Interstitial Cystitis? It's a bladder condition that causes a lot of pelvic pain and cramping. I've never had bladder issues in my life until all of a sudden a couple of years ago this started. It's very frusterating and can take awhile to be diagnosed. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction can also cause pelvic pain...have they evauated you for that yet? One treatment you may want to look into for pain management is TENS therapy...some people have a lot of success with it especially if symptoms are related to pelvic tension.

Just wanted to give you a few suggestions just in case you haven't explored these yet. <_<

I hope you get some answers and relief soon!

This could be WAAAYYY off base...but have they considered Interstitial Cystitis? It's a bladder condition that causes a lot of pelvic pain and cramping. I've never had bladder issues in my life until all of a sudden a couple of years ago this started. It's very frusterating and can take awhile to be diagnosed. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction can also cause pelvic pain...have they evauated you for that yet? One treatment you may want to look into for pain management is TENS therapy...some people have a lot of success with it especially if symptoms are related to pelvic tension.

Just wanted to give you a few suggestions just in case you haven't explored these yet. <_<

I hope you get some answers and relief soon!

hi everyone,

thanks for the suggestions. i'm going to go and be evaluated for interstital cystitis. it doesn't hurt when i urinate or anything, so i don't think that this is the problem. i also have no pelvic floor dysfunction, but thanks for the suggestion. i've also had the tens unit, with no success.

has anyone had a diagnosis of pelvic congestion syndrome? that's what i'm going to see a doc for next.

thanks again,

julie