Got A New Camping Trailer

janiedelite

Last year my hubby and I had over half a dozen camping trips planned over the summer. We're pretty rustic and like to pitch our tent somewhere in the mountains in the Pacific Northwest and enjoy the quiet and beauty of nature. Well, last June is when my POTS took a turn for the worse (although we didn't know what it was at that time), and after two unsuccessful attempts at camping trips we gave up. I was just too tired, hot, etc. from all the work it took to tent camp. And sleeping on the ground on an air bed was so fatiguing.

Many of us with POTS spend most of our time indoors, avoiding temperature extremes, resting, etc. That's how my life has been over the last couple years, but one hope that kept me from despair was thinking of being outdoors. Sometimes I would be really stir-crazy, but still sick, and after my hubby got home from work he'd lay me down in the front seat of the car and roll the window down and drive and my spirits would revive. If I was too motion-sick to keep my eyes open, I'd just feel the breeze and we'd park at some scenic spot and enjoy the surroundings.

We've been racking our brains for a way to camp that would accomodate my POTS, and our minimal finances. We came across these cute little campers called teardrop trailers. You can tow them behind a small car, and even wire them with heat and A/C. It basically is just big enough for a comfortable bed and some storage. We bought one this past weekend! Now I'm dreaming about far-away places again :) ...