Gag Reflex/sinus Stuff

So....Saturday I had an episode, you know the one where you take a drink, and it comes spewing through your nose for no apparent reason?? This happens to me periodically with no problems . However this time, gag reflex kicked in during said episode, so it brought with it alot of fluid again through my nose, for what seemed like forever. My husband helped me get cleaned up, and took care of the area (yes, that much ) and I spent most of yesterday asleep- probably because the ordeal tired me out so much.

Now today I wake up with a chemical like smell in my sinuses, I have flushed them, and it still comes and goes, now starting to feel overall crummy (is this my regular crummy or a sinus infection coming on?) and getting a sore throat as well. I know there are those who also have strange symptoms, I was wondering if anyone has any input on this.

Sorry for the gross nature.

Maybe this is why I don't post very often, eh?

Tommy

Guest brianala

I know exactly that feeling.

I get chronic sinus infections, and several times the only thing I can track it back to is getting water or some other irritant up my nose. A couple times after swimming, and a couple times after taking a bath and getting water up my nose.

I do have a neti pot that I use regularly, but regardless I still manage to wind up progressing from feeling just a little crummy with some post-nasal drip, to full-on impacted sinuses and infection.

For me, there is no such thing as a "little head cold," it's all or nothing. Right now I'm suffering from a sinus infection that I think was either brought on by allergies or a cold my husband had last week. No way to tell. My doctor has me on prednisone, azithromycin, xyzal, and a nasocort spray. So far, they seem to be doing the trick and I feel somewhat human after two days on them.

I know exactly that feeling.

I get chronic sinus infections, and several times the only thing I can track it back to is getting water or some other irritant up my nose. A couple times after swimming, and a couple times after taking a bath and getting water up my nose.

I do have a neti pot that I use regularly, but regardless I still manage to wind up progressing from feeling just a little crummy with some post-nasal drip, to full-on impacted sinuses and infection.

For me, there is no such thing as a "little head cold," it's all or nothing. Right now I'm suffering from a sinus infection that I think was either brought on by allergies or a cold my husband had last week. No way to tell. My doctor has me on prednisone, azithromycin, xyzal, and a nasocort spray. So far, they seem to be doing the trick and I feel somewhat human after two days on them.

Do you take Meds for your Dysautonomia as well? I get freaked out about taking anything besides my "usual suspects"

Glad what the doc gave you is working, I'm afraid to take more though.

#1- I guess I should've read your signature before asking about your meds, just saw you're basically on the same as me

#2- I guess I don't know how to use the quote thingy.......sorry