Midodrine?

Guest brianala

Guest brianala

I've been on 25mg Toprol daily but the fatigue is just killing me! Also, it hasn't really helped with my palpitations. I called my cardio to ask if there was something they could switch me to that would alleviate the fatigue and they said instead they could put me on Midodrine 3x daily instead of the Toprol.

For those of you on Midodrine, what side effects have you experienced? Do you take it instead of a beta blocker, or with? Has it helped? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

Briana

Hi,

I've been taking Midodrine for about a month now. Haven't worked up to the dose my Dr. wants me to take, I'm real funny about meds, but I find that when I take the .5mg in the a.m. it really does help me with energy & blood pooling. ( I can actually take a shower, and dry my hair, and not need a nap) The only side effect is the tingling scalp thing, which alarmed me at the onset, but I was assured that it's "normal" and actually means the med is working. My heartrate does seem to be trending down. And my BP which usually runs on the high side seems to be leveling as well....weird I know.

Good luck with it. I hope it helps you.

Tommy

Guest brianala

Thanks everyone! I took my first dose this morning, and will see how it goes. I'm already feeling a little less brain fog, so I'm optimistic!

Since I'm coming off the Toprol I will probably have a while to get over withdrawal before I really feel the full effect.

Guest brianala

Ugh! So I started getting allergy/cold symptoms today. What is safe to take with Midodrine? I've got a call into my doctor but I wanted to ask what you take to relieve your symptoms? What is safe?

Hi Briana,

I take Midodrine daily. I rarely take abeta blocker, though. The side effects make me too tired. I only take a bb when I'm going to try to exercise. Midodrine is a med with very few side effects. The most common side effect is a tingling/chill bumps sensation. This goes away after you've been on the med for a while.

www.rxlist.com is a great place to go for info on medications, dosage, side effects, etc.

I rarely take any meds for a cold. If anything I use a neti pot or saline spray if my nose is too stuffy. www.drugs.com has a drug interaction checker. You can type in medications (prescription or over the counter) and it lists out known major, moderate, and minor interactions.

Rachel