Ocular Migraines

bamagirl

How many of you have the ocular migraines? I have had regular migraines for 17 years and since June of this year I am having ocular migraines. They are increasing from once a month to twice a week. I have had an MRI and my eyes checked, all normal. This is keeping my housebound more than usual. For those that do, what helps? B):)

Hello,

I experience these as well. I find them quite disturbing! (losing your vision is not fun!) Mine seem to come and go.....I'll have quite a few over a few months and then have months without them. Sometimes they seem to be linked to my sleeping patterns....if I have lots of changes as far as when I wake or get to sleep then I get a migraine. Other than that it's hard for me to find a pattern/cause. I do know that when I was getting them quite often (as you are) my dr. suggested that I think about trying a preventative migraine medicine (such as topamax). (the frequent pattern ended up breaking before I started the med though)

I wish I could do more to help but at least want you to know that you're not alone.

Take care,

Lisa