Pacs?

mkoven

just got the results of my 30 day event monitor. Mostly sinus, sinus brady, sinus tachy-- which is good news, as I hit record during a lot of my chest pain episodes.

my , supine heart rate has been pretty low, which I attribute to midodrine. sometimes it gets a little scary-- into the 40s. off meds, my resting is more mid-upper 60s.

I did have a handful of pacs and one pvc. the doctor didn't even mention them. it wasn't till i looked at the report myself. am i right that these are pretty benign? any cause for concern? there was one instance of an "atrial run"-- does that mean several pacs in a row? it was the pacs that made me feel like my heart was in my throat, or skipping, or short of breath.

Hello mkoven,

This is my very first post here. I have a pacemaker for bradycardia (stage 3 heart block). I get PACs and PVCs. More PVCs than PACs. I can feel them but am not sure whether it's the PVCs or PACs I'm feeling. I get a bit short of breath and have that heart-skipping sensation. (The pacemaker does not help the arrhythmias. It just keeps my pulse within a certain range.) I was given the impression that they were benign.

PACs are very normal - almost everyone has them every day. PVCs are also a normal variant, so long as they are single PVCs they are really nothing to worry about. Sounds like a very reassuring recording. Whilst having horrid sensations with a PAC is not nice at least you now know that your heart isn't having any sort of dangerous rhythm or other worrying features.

Flop

Hi,

From what you said it sounded all like normal variants that most people have on a daily basis, and is why your dr. didn't mention them. 40 bpm while sleeping is not a bad HR, it is going to be lower than when you are awake sitting it a chair resting. I think what they were refering to with an atrial run was a series of PAC's. As long as it doesn't go on very long, I think that is relatively normal as well. I wouldn't be too worried about that. But, at least you know something different is occuring when you feel that flutter etc., but if it doesn't last long etc. it is not normally (based on what you said) anything to worry about.

I am glad it came out well and showed that there is nothing dangerous.

Hello,

I have afib, atrial tach, ist and POTS. With my afib and atrial tach I often get "atrial runs". They can make us feel pretty lousy, even faint, but they are relatively benign. The problems occur when the heart doesn't go back into rhythm. As long as you aren't staying out of rhythm you should be okay. I would ask your Dr. though what type of atrial run it was, just so you know for future reference.

PACs and PVCs are relatively benign. PVCs can be more concerning if they happen several in a row as they can turn into ventricular tachycardia but it doesn't sound like that is what is happening with you. They may be benign but they can feel really lousy.....