Pyrigdostigmine

jjpots

Has anyone else been on this medication and, if so, did you have problems with weight loss? I finally went and got a scale this past week because I was getting tired of all my pants falling of me. I was 105 when I started this med. from my doc at the mayo and now I'm down to 95!

Any input would be appreciated.

JJH

Do a search on "mestinon" to find other threads on this drug. I don't recall seeing things about weight loss but I'm curious why you think this is happening...is your gi tract on superfast mode?

I'm on 30mg of Mestinon once a day, and I haven't noticed anything as far as weight loss. I've been on it for a few months now. Just because I haven't noticed anything doesn't mean that it's not a side effect of the drug, though.

Do you have a decreased appetite, or any symptoms that you feel are contributing to you losing weight? I know one of the side effects of Mestinon (the reason I'm not yet up to 60 mg) is that it really speeds up the whole digestive tract...and lets just say you can get an unpleasant side effect as a result!

Chrissy

I started on a low dose and built my way up to 30 mg 3 times a day but my stomach still couldn't handle it so I went back down to twice a day. I go through times where I eat just a little or nothing and don't feel hungry and then other times when I do it but it doesn't stay in me for long. I go back to the Mayo in Dec. for my one year follow up in their study so was hoping to make it until then.

At least now that I have a scale I can keep an eye on it to make sure I don't go any lower.

JJH

JJ,

I took Pyridostygmine and got heavy migraines, blurred vision and the loss of the use of my tongue, but could not tolerate it long enough to develop weight loss. what dosage are you on, and what other symptoms, if any, are you experiencing?

Laura

Has anyone else been on this medication and, if so, did you have problems with weight loss? I finally went and got a scale this past week because I was getting tired of all my pants falling of me. I was 105 when I started this med. from my doc at the mayo and now I'm down to 95!

Any input would be appreciated.

JJH

I guess I mis-spoke, I'm on 60 mg 3 times a day. The problem I've had is the stomach stuff. Sometimes I'm just not hungry and other times my stomach get sick when I eat. I do think it's been helping, for the most part, with my tachy. Since I just started a new job I'm scared to have them mess with my meds in case I get like I was again. I would not be able to do my job the way I was before taking this.

JJH

I haven't talked to the docs yet but I'm thinking I will need to.

Thanks,

JJH