I Entered Contest To Win $10,000 & Need Your Votes!!

Bella127

Hi Everyone! I hope you're all feeling well today!

So, here's the story: Kohl's is having a contest through Facebook, where you can win $10,000 for submitting your "favorite jeans story" - so I wrote a small essay referencing my health problems (limit was 1,000 characters) and submitted a photo of me during a photo shoot last year. For those of you without Facebook, here's the essay:

"Looking at my picture, you would probably guess that I'm completely healthy. Little do most people know, I was home-tutored through parts of high school because of a rare heart condition. I've worn these jeans for years, so they've been with me through all of it. I've dealt with criticism because I "look fine", had people tell me I couldn't accomplish things, and I've proven them wrong. I went to college in high school while completing my diploma, got an associates degree, and am now finishing my undergrad. I didn't let my health become an excuse, but sometimes had doubts about what I'd be able to do. One day, I went along to a modeling convention and decided to fill out a form. Before I knew it, I was chosen to participate in a runway show, and to have my own professional photo shoot. Of course, I wore my favorite jeans that I've had through everything! I keep this picture framed on my desk to remind me of that day. Lesson learned: never give up, and don't judge a book by its cover!"

You can only vote for me to win if you have Facebook. If any of you do, you can either add me as a friend (Chrissy Lorenzo) or you can go to the Kohl's website and try to find my entry by clicking on the blue banner on the right hand side that says "Your Chance to Win", then this will prompt you to sign into Facebook...(there are about 195 entries as of now) and mine is entitled "Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover" by Chrissy.

In order to vote for me, you need to:

1) be logged into facebook, and add the kohl's video contest application (either by going to the following link or finding me on the Kohl's website)

2) go to:

http://apps.facebook.com/kohlscontest/user...entries%2F56990

or:

(add me as a friend- please put a little note that you're from Dinet) then go to my page and click on "View and Vote" in my mini-feed

3) click on my photo, then click "Love It" to vote!

You can vote one time EVERY day until August 29th - so please check back as often as possible to add in your vote!! thank you so much everyone!! I'm very nervous but excited because I feel - as my mom said - that I'm finally "out of the closet" (I sent this message to ask for voters to some 300 'friends' on Facebook from school, etc. who probably had/have no idea I have a heart condition- and some who know but are those who probably think I'm "making it up") So even if I don't win, this was definitely worth it.

Anyway, if you have Facebook, remember to either go to the Kohl's website & log in and search for me, or add me as a friend. Please vote as often as possible - as much as once every day until August

Just think, if I DO win, what this could do for "invisible illnesses" - that's exactly why I wrote what I wrote. Of course, I could have written 10 pages...so good thing there's a limit! Cross your fingers!!!!! :blink: