Update From My New Doc

Hey I just met with my new family practice doc. He was nice and above all was very willing to listen to me. I had to basically run through my last 3 years with him to get him up to date. Most of the conversation was focused on my anxiety and stress levels, though. It was not until the end that I brought up dysautonomia and POTS. He said he was willing to investigate a physical reason for my symptoms, as I think he too found it odd that my hr would shoot up every time I stood up. He said he definately thinks I could have some dysautonomia and malregulation of sympathetic flow to my heart, but he thinks it is connected with my anxiety. He didn't know about POTS, but he guessed they probably treat that with either a beta blocker or SSRI. His recommendation was to up my Clonazepam (Klonopin) by .5mg/day and he commented that my dose of 30mg Cymbalta was a "wimpy" dose and that increasing it to 60mg may help (although he's not gonna increase both at once). It was not as productive as it could have been, as my previous test results (thyroid, catcholamines, TTT, heart tests) were not there in time. So I went like 30 mins over cause I had to explain so much of my past and stuff.

So...I'm gonna see him in 3 weeks. By then my cymbalta (which I've been on a month) should be fully effective, and I'll know whether the increase in clonazepam will help at all. And he'll have my test results (hopefully) and I'm gonna push the idea of investigating a physical cause behind my symptoms, and at some point mention possibly getting tested at the University of Iowa for dysautonomia. But only time will tell if I'll get better or find some answers.

Anyway, just wanted to comment on my visit.