Dysautonomia And Constant Diarhhea

Well, after a long series of tests, including Endoscopy/Colonoscopy, CAT Scan with enterography, and 48 hour stool collection, the results are in.

It is the dyaautonomia that is causing my GI problems. The stool collection showed that I had diarhhea (no kidding, Sherlock). It also showed that I had some malabsorption (probably causing my vitamin D and B1 deficiencies).

So now I am taking one percocet before bedtime. That way, my back feels better so I sleep better. And since opiods cause constipation, it should hold my system in check.

Do any of my colleagues here also experience my GI problems.

Lois

BTW, I started Mestinon after my hospitalization for diarhhea. So while that drug may exacerbate the problem somewhat, it is not the sole culprit.

Hi Lois,

I have diarrhea every day. I am presently under investigation for this problem. I was diagnosed with IBS without any tests last year but I found a doctor who is interested in doing tests. So I will find out more when I will have more testing done.

I have diarrhoea as a symptoms of my ANS problems too - I find it hard to get any of the doctors to take me seriously though, they just tell me it is IBS. I'm trying to get tested to see if I might have coeliac disease as my symptoms are worse after eating lots of gluten containing foods.

Flop