Midodrine And Brady

mkoven

I've already posted on this before, but since I've just upped my midodrine, it's gotten more pronounced. I'm having a pretty slow hr-- low 50s. I don't know if that's something I should call doc about, since it's not scary low-- but a good 15 bpm lower than normal for me. My bp is around 105/65. I think I generally feel better on the higher dose, but isn't low-50s kinda low?

Michele

Hi,

When I tried Midodrine my vitals also got very low. BP 80/40 ish and HR 40-60. So, I think it is something that can happen on it. I felt absolutely awful when this happened too!

As far as for yourself, because you have other things going on I am not sure if this reaction would be contraindicated for you. If you feel abnormally awful or have concern then maybe call the dr. to make sure and see if they have any different directions.

I hope that things level out soon!

I think I've responded to a post like this before too, but I have the same effect with midodrine. When I started wtih 2.5 it brought my hr down minus 10 from normal, then 5 mg it was minus 15 or more (from 68 resting down to low 50's). Then it evened out and got a bit higher. But everytime I upped again (now at a little over 10 mg-I'm a big pill cutter), it goes down again (incl into the upper 40's) before bouncing back to mid 50's after a few days at the new dose. Hasn't been a problem for me - at least it shows that the medicine is doing SOMETHING, since it's yet to do anything to my BP!

I asked my doc about it and he said it's just the reflex bradycardia and shouldn't be a prob unless it goes much below 50 or I start feeling bad. Hope this helps...