Midodrine And Agitation?

mkoven

My ans doc thought that while pursuing further answers about what's going on, we could safely increase my midodrine. I"d been taking 5mgs, 4x day. She wants me at 7.5, 4x a day. My experience in the past is that with each increase, I get a huge jittery/anxious rush initially, that eventually wears off. In the interim, I feel like I want to jump out of my skin! This morning I just increased the dose to 6.25, and feel it. I feel so hyper and speedy-- and admittedly less lightheaded.

My bp is still okay. I got one reading of 120/70, others around 110/65. I checked supine, and it was 109/65.

Anyone else? If I thought it were safe (stress test tomorrow), I feel like I want to run around the block to get all this hyperness out of my system!!!!

When you say "junp out of your skin," do you refer to chills, goose bumps and head tingling? I experienced that while on Midodrine. Midodrine is very fast acting and perhaps that intensifies the reaction.

I put up with it for several years because it made me functionable. Eventually I had a "relapse." Since then, I have been on Mestinon time release.

Have you tried Mestinon? Mestinon seemed more to stabilize my blood pressure so I could stand up.

Lois