Endometriosis

cardiactec

Hey all,

If it's not one thing, it's another. Just had an ablation for SVT, now I have to have surgery for an endometrioma. I had a laparoscopy seven years ago as a diagnostic tool to see if I had endometriosis and they found seven years ago that I for sure have it. I have been having a lot of pain for the past several months so they did an ultrasound and saw an endometrioma. I now need surgery - next week - to remove it and hopefully help with the pain.

Anyone else here have endometriosis and/or have had endometriomas removed because of it? The first lap I had I did not have any endometriomas or what they refer to as "chocolate cysts", so I'm a little concerned the recovery will be a little tougher - ie: more pain.

I'd appreciate any insight, thoughts, etc any of you have regarding this.

Hope you all are doing ok, hanging in there with the POTS...

one more thing, that is another thing, the anesthesiologist is wigging out about doing surgery on me with the newly diagnosed SVT, nonsustained V-tach, and POTS. Should be interesting.....

-cardiactec.

I had severe endometriosis (on my lower COLON of all places and both ovaries) and ending up having a total hysterectomy (after years of horrendous 21 day periods at times). I realize this is not what you are experiencing- but not to sound like a martyr- my recovery from the total hysterectomy was awesome. Seriously, I was so glad to have that surgery I could have danced in the halls the next day (well..... maybe a month later- lol). But really, it just depends. My hysterectomy (major surgery) had very little recovery issues for me but my pacemaker implant (minor surgery) recovery was awful- seriously, that one about did me in. So, it just depends on your body. For me, there is no rationale whatsoever to what can be traumatic and what isn't in the pain department. Good luck :o

Carmen

Hey cardiactec,

So sorry you need surgery! I had to have a hysterectomy last February due to severe endometriosis. Make sure you tell the anesthesiologist that you have POTS (and if they should get that puzzled look on their face that tells you they have no clue explain it to them and make them aware). My neurologist told me to have them call him if they had any questions but I knew that would be near impossible to get a hold of him on the day of surgery. Also another tip I learned last year if the nurse keeps messing up on inserting your IV, you can ask he/she to numb the top of your hand or arm to ease the pain of being a pin cushion :^) I was severely dehydrated because you couldn't drink anything 12 hours before so my veins were very hard to find. Also in case the anesthesia makes you nauseous, there is a pill you can take before they wheel you in that will help with nauseas when you wake up. Any ways sorry you have to have this done. I definitely love having no more periods, heavy bleeding and horrid cramps!!!

Hope it goes well.

Hugs