Sweating Issues

dino551

Hi -

I have most of my issues with POTS when I'm getting close to my monthly cycle. I suffer with it mainly at night when I'm sleeping, besides feeling extremely fatigue during the day when its around this time. But, when I sleep I seem to have such vivid dreams ( i know the beta blocker can contribute to this) and I wake up feeling very disoriented at times to the point that I really have to force myself to get out of bed. I'm extremely hot and sweaty and my heart feels like its coming through my chest. However, I always quickly take my hr and bp and its normally fine (thanks, to the beta blocker). I'm also noticing that I'm getting more depressed than I usually get when it gets close to this monthly time. I already take 30mg of Celexa. I know its a combination of my hormones and I suffer with depression already, but it seems alot worse compared to my episodes in the past (prior to Pots). These last three days, I have basically moped around the house and have slept. My husband has been taking care of our kids while I sit in my room and sleep or watch TV. I just have no energy to do anything right now. I need to get things done around my house, but just can't bring myself to start the task because I know half way through I will become tired and will have to stop. Is there anything out there to help with the whole sweating/hot stuff. I have already tried to take birth control pills and I still get plagued with these symptoms. Any advice? Thanks!

Hi!

Is the Celexa new? I had a bad reaction to it, where it made me depressed at times and at others almost manic- I did not feel like myself on this, but it works well for others. If it is new and this reaction is new you may want to talk to your dr. about trying a new medication. The hot flashes and sweating also is a dysuatonomia thing? Is it new to you? I saw the most help myself with heat intolerance when taking Zoloft.

I hope you are feeling better! Make sure to give us an update! :P