Doctors Near Portland, Or?

bluesky

Hi, I'm trying to find a doctor in Portland, OR in my desperate attempt to get a diagnosis. I've tried a cardiologist and an electrophysiologist who both knew nothing about POTS and seemed to think the whole thing was ridiculous. Does anybody know of a good doctor within driving distance of me? I would so appreciate any help!!! Thanks.

Hi Blue Sky!

Glad to see there is one more person in the Northwest. I'm from Boise and have had no luck at all finding anyone who is qualified enough to diagnose POTS in the Northwest. The closest I've been able to find is UCLA. I have an appt on Tuesday there so I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully I'll get a diagnosis and some help. I also called several other places and Dr Grubb was scheduling over a year out. Mayo has an application process and I didn't want to waste time waiting for them but if you're more patient than me they would certainly be a great place to go. There was a doctor in Chicago who sounded promising but that is quite a trip (Dr Gilden?). I hope that helps. I am resigned to the fact that everyone here seems to have to travel a long way to find a POTS doctor. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear but I thought I'd pass it along.

Best of luck to you and if you do find a POTS doctor in the Northwest somewhere be sure to post it. I'd like to stay closer to home as well. I guess at least California is sunny and warm if you have to travel somewhere. :lol:

Keep your chin up!

Katti - Boy am I glad to hear from you! It feels like we're the only two rattling around the pacific northwest trying to get a diagnosis. I read about the center at UCLA but thought it was odd that I couldn't find much reference to actual patients going there. Everyone seems to talk mostly about the mayo clinics. Please, please, please let me know how your appointment goes and if it's any help to you at all. If you can tell me good things, I may very well be flying down right behind you. When you first made the appointment how far out did you have to wait?

Thank you, thank you for your help.

Katti, I was reading your original post and I noticed you mentioned Dr. Dolack in Seattle. I was thinking maybe I should drive up there and I was actually going to call his office today. Did you ever see him? Do you know anything more about him? I don't have any more time or money to waste so if there's anything you know about him it would be such a help if you could let me know. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bluesky

I'm new here and just read your post. I am about an hour from portland. My family Dr. found me a Dr. at OHSU in portland

his name is Dr. Richard Bryant I beleive his speciality is infectious disease, but he seemed to know quite abit about

P.O.T.S. and said he had a couple other patients with it, he knew many of the tests needed with pots and is very

nice and understanding. It has been a couple of years since I've been to see him, but as far as I know he is still there.

potsy2