Cooking

hey everyone,

okay so i've established that a recliner is key, but it doesn't really work out in the kitchen. i'm having trouble eating, let alone making something to eat. i can't stand for the 3 minutes that it takes to heat up a microwave meal. i was thinking tha tsome sort of rolling chair might work. does anyone have idea for this?

happy day!

julie

yes! i do have a stool on wheels that can be lifted when needed. i also have a special surface in my kitchen where i can roll under to prepare the food. i have an induction thing to cook on (so there is no open fire AND it cools down VERY fast) and on top of that the doors of the cupboard underneath the cooking thing can be opened wide so that i can put my legs into the cupboard when cooking (to prevend pain in the back).

when you like i can make a photo and put it up for you here (that is: i will try to put it here :huh: not so good at that!!!).

the stool can be a hairdressers stool on wheels, but i have a special formed one (because of the back trouble i have), i was able to try it out before buying, it was very expensive, but in the end i got paid for it by my assurance, yippiiiiieeee for that!!!

corina :)

I have a stool in my kitchen to use at the worktop but mostly if I want to do something like make a salad or sandwiches I grab the items from the fridge then sit on a chair at the table to do the food prep. Don't stand by the microwave whilst a meal is heating - go and sit down for those 3 minutes (the worst that can happen is that things boil over and make a bit of a mess).

I can't tolerate the heat from stiring a pan on the hob or bending down to take things out of a hot oven so I don't often actually cook. I have "enslaved" my sister into cooking up big batches of things for me. I will prep all the veg etc then get her to cook me an 8 serving bolognaise sauce. Then half of that has kidney beans and some chilli powder added - voila, chilli con carne. We'll enjoy a meal together then when the rest is cool it gets bagged as individual portions and frozen. I can then defrost and microwave a healthier meal, we can now get microwave pasta and rice here so about 4 mins and I have a "home-cooked meal" on the table!

Flop