"rice Contains 'worrisome' Arsenic Levels, Says Consumer Reports"

Alaska

Hmmmmm, that might explain what happened when I was high in arsenic. We thought it might had been because of well water. But, I was only using rice as my only grain at the time. You can eliminate arsenic with lots of clinatro and sodium alginate. I did it on my own and got my levels down in a few months.

Issie

Hmm, did you notice any difference before/after the arsenic levels dropped? Certainly enjoy a number of dishes served with rice - though many of them are Indian and are also served with Cilantro! :) Seems like the cultures that rely on rice already use some of these natural aids with their foods - sodium alginate comes from seaweed, and in Japan while they eat a lot of rice, they use a lot of seaweed, too. Pretty neat.

It really came as a shock. I wanted my cadmium levels checked - as it seemed there may be issues with that and my water. I really can't say it made that much difference - that I remember. It's one of those things that you check out with chronic illness ---heavy metals.

I was doing rice bread and rice and trying to be totally glutten free. Soooooooo, sometimes we think we are helping ourselves.

Hey, I'll still eat rice - just not as much and mix it with cilantro some of the time.

Issie