My Skin Hurts

Hello,

I woke up this morning with a "sunburn" sore feeling along my back, shoulders and arms. The lightest touch to my skin is very painful. I have not been in the sun at all. I don't have a rash. I do have a headache that won't go away. I was on an oral steroid for 16 days for an allergic reaction, it just ended on Tuesday, maybe that could do this to me?

Thanks,

Angela

Well, the skin hurting thing has spread to almost my entire body. The lightest touch hurts me. My muscles are hurting and are weak. I went to see my PCP again, and he said it sounds like some kind of neuropathy. He ordered a lot of bloodwork to rule other stuff out.

I called my cardiologist, told him about the neuropathy suggestion, and we talked at length about how I'm feeling, what's going on, etc. He said it sounds like I may have something wrong in my central nervous system, and after all the bloodwork from the PCP comes in normal I will have to go see a neurologist. He says too many different things are going wrong at the same time. B)

I keep wondering if that Chiari malformation could have anything to do with all this.

Wow Angela you sure are going through a hard time right now! That must be soo incredibly annoying to have your skin hurting like that all the time, and all over your body. Sounds like your dealing with this very well, good luck I hope that the neurologist figures out what the problem is for you so that you can get that taken care of!!

I had that problem... I was told it was all in my head by a neurologist I was sent to.

A couple years later I was diagnosed with Fibro. Mine seems to be a neuropathy of some kind.

What is Fibro? How do you deal with it? Does the pain go away? Did you/Do you have a lot of headaches too?

Sorry for all the questions,

Angela

Fibromyalgia. The pain comes and goes. Headaches - well, not constantly, and they wax and wane.

You might do a search for it on the internet to get a better idea what it is and what it involves. I know, in my case, anti inflammatories do not help. I find heat to be my bigget ally, I bought a heated mattress pad, and warm baths seem to help with the skin pain.

I am so sorry you are gong through this, but know you aren't alone.