Blood test

BillC

I am working with an endocrinologist running more blood test are there any you guys have run in preticuler I would appreciate the help

Thank you Bill C

I think it's fairly common for us to be checked for thyroid and either Cushings or Addisons issues. I also had low DHEA, which my endo says is a little controversial in the medical community as to whether it is relevant. But, he said he has some patients that gain some relief if they supplement when it's low and some that don't.  I do get some relief from my fatigue and joint pain. It's no miracle cure but I'm willing to take little increments of relief that can add up over time. 

Some people have had catecholamine testing but it needs to be done at a lab that knows how to do it correctly for dysautonomia patients. A blood draw has to be done after 20 minutes supine and then another blood draw done after 10 mins standing. The point is to compare the difference in the readings at rest vs after standing....another measure of how your body is reacting to orthostatic change. 

I think I've read in the past that some of our male members have been tested for low testosterone, too. 

Sounds like she covered all including the dhea in a form but not the catecholamine

she is pretty good at covering most thinks I started on a lot of supplements and vitamins plus a strong dose of d so we had tested a wide array before but I wanted to make sure we hadn't missed something as well as making sure the past test wasn't done wrong I had a MRI done to cover the pituitary and thyroid to make sure I didn't have any tumours we added a few new tests this time just to find any rare outliers plus looking at a lot of the same test just to make sure nothing is changing thanks for the information I am trying to verify that we covered most possible causes I know we can't cover everything I don't have much to lose other than a pint of blood lol thanks for the reply sit looks like you cover a lot of the forums behave a great weekend