Anyone still on.....

Cages1976

Corlanor? I have been on it for 2 1/2 weeks. 5mg  twice daily. Feel so worn.coughing developed. tight chest.  Burning sensation on left chest. Heart palps are still happening. Heart feels tired and straining to spike. It will get in the 120's-130's avg on standing from resting of 60's-90's. less than 2min-5min. There is NO patient reviews on this med.   

hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm on corlanor, going on about a year and a half. I haven't experienced any side effects you describe, other than the visual brightness associated with it. My thought is maybe it's too strong of a dose for you, and to talk with your doctor about going down to 2.5 twice a day and about your symptoms you have. I have read it can cause angina. Sorry your feeling this way!

I've been on it for about a month and a half (although I am in the UK and it's called Procorolan here) and have had almost no side effects, other than some minor visual sparkles and occasional brightness, neither of which are even bad enough to affect driving.  I'm so sorry to hear you are having such problems on it.

My EP did say that some people need a tiny dose.  I started on 2.5 mg once a day for a month and am now on 2.5 twice daily.  I was told it's recommended to start on a very low dose so your body gets used to the drug before they put you onto the therapeutic dose.

I haven't noticed much change in my heart rate yet, it still gets up to 120/30 on rising and I still get lots of ectopics and palpitations, but am definitely having less sob and chest pain since I've been on it  (I had both really badly before) and I generally have more energy and stamina.  I have also found my brain fog isn't as bad and I sleep better and have fewer of my weird night-episodes - which of course may be helping reduce the brain fog.  I assume my EP won't want to titrate it up any further, as my resting heart rate is already in the low 50's to low 60's depending on when I test it.  Most of his pots patients are on 2.5 mg x 2 or less and the majority have found that helps.

Can you keep a diary of symptoms and discuss them with your doctor?  Just wondering if you might be able to identify a pattern.  Could the burning possibly be acid related? I know I have found it difficult to distinguish between chest and stomach pain when I've had severe acid problems and when I developed chronic gastritis it felt like a combination of burning and chest pressure.  

I would definitely contact your doctor to discuss it though, as you are supposed to be closely monitored and report any side-effects when you first start taking it.