Should I Have The Ct Scan?

Hello,

When I exercise I get a strange chest pain/sensation which goes when I stop like angina would,

Ive had

ECG,

Stress ECG,

Echocardiogram,

Cardiac MRI/MRA, - To check my coronary arteries are in the right places as you can be born with them in dangerous origins. Normal.

24 Hour ECG,

Bloods.

Now I kept asking my doctors and they said it's not related to my heart, I got it at 18 and now I'm 22.

My doctor said we can arrange a CT Angiogram for your anxiety, but this involves a contrast dye been injected and I'm scared of an allergic reaction and the fact he said I expect the result to be normal, making me think I should just put it down to my pots and leave it. There's also the ionizing radiation.

My only concern is the MRI, showed my left coronary arterty image fine, but the right they said wasnt the best quality but they are fairly sure its in the right place from the image and said they can be 90% sure and he said the chance they miss an analomous artery and my symptoms are from that is vanishingly small and recommended no further tests.

Argghh!

Personally I would not do it. The radiation isn't worth it. Your worrying yourself too much. I'm not judging you, I'm the exact same way. Hyper vigilance is a problem with is potsies. I get chest pain too all the time and when I exercise. It's something with the pots

Your doctor may be right. Further testing may be for your own piece of mine. I totally get it with the cardiac oddities and you want to keep digging to find the answer. I had all the test you mention plus the CT scan.

Cardiac MRI is the “Crown Royal” of tests. That is really going to tell you how your heart is functioning and if it is structurally and mechanically fine.

You have had ECG, stress ECG, holters to look at the electrical side of things. Stress ECG looks for ischemia, which could indicate decrease blood flow to the heart related to narrowing of the arteries.

CT scan with contrast is a nice alternative for people that may have risk factors associated with coronary artery disease. Before someone bites the bullet and goes for a cardiac catherization, a CT scan of the heart is a good alternative to look at your arteries. If you are requesting an angiogram that is an invasive procedure and comes with it’s own risks. I would definitely weigh out the pros and cons.

I recently needed a CTscan looking at an my aorta. I hate the injection reaction and I have one kidney so I had a long talk with the tech. The radiologist agreed to let them scan me without the injection and they found what they needed to see without the injection. I had 3 doctors(radiologist, inventional radiologist and vascular surgeon) while I waited look at the scan and at my past scan and they agreed the injection was not necessary. I felt comfortable that I got the right answer and without the side effects of the injection. There is a lot of debate how helpful the oral constrast and injections are. Now I feel comfortable being a pushy patient while I got the scan about my options but if you go through with it you can have your dr put in the order injection only if necessary. If you think the ctscan will put your mind at ease then I say do it without the injection. I have hyper-pots and when my NE levels are high I understand the aniexty. and worry and it only causes me a vicous cycle of no sleep and worry.