Imitrex - Have You Taken It?

kayjay

I have. At the time i think I was only on Florinef & it is safe to take with Florinef. It was something that made me kindof drowsy & dazed. I'd usually have to sleep for a while after taking. And it make you feel weird like woozy & nausea but it did help migraines.

I think i took it once with Midodrine & felt like it made my headache worse. Two vasoconstrictors- bad.

So it all depends on what other meds you are on.

I have taken it. Personally it helped with the headaches but made me so nauseated it was hardly worth getting rid of the headache. I changed to relpax and have done a little better with that but really all the triptans seem to aggravate my POTS symptoms a lot. I'm pretty much wiped out for 24-36 hours after I take it. I try to avoid it when I can, but sometimes, when I just can't deal with the headache any more, it's worth taking it.

I take it. Relatively often. I use the nasal spray version and I was nervous taking it the first time. I find if I use it on an empty stomach I feel more side effects - occasionally I have gotten extremely nauseas but usually if I feel side effects it is a weird feeling of tightness/heaviness in my jaw and arms. And there could be a feeling of uneasiness but it usually all goes away within 20 minutes. And then other times I feel nothing weird. Overall it's my rescue drug for headaches and if I don't take it soon enough it might not work as well. Use it judiciously and it can be your best friend! I found relpax way too strong and felt horrible heaviness in my arms for days.

Thanks. My doctor hesitated to give it to me, but you guys know how bad migraines can get! I am going to try it next time I am really bad and see what happens. New meds worry me and when I realized that my doctor was really thinking about what to give me I read the warnings that came with it. BAD IDEA!

I take Imitrex for my migraines. I only began having migraines a year ago when my POTS symptoms began. My doctor told me that you can't take it with Welbutrin, it gives some really weird side effects that you just have to wait to wear off, so be careful with that one. I also took it with Diamox one day and that made the migraine worse. Last time I had a bad migraine, I laid on my back with a pillow rolled under my neck and a 5 pound rice pack on my head. That was the only position that would help ease the pain. I have to remember to take my Imitrex early on or it doesn't help at all. Good luck!

My doctor told me that you can't take it with Welbutrin, it gives some really weird side effects that you just have to wait to wear off, so be careful with that one.

McKenzie- that's really interesting. I've not had a doc or pharmacist mention that even though I've had those meds on my list forever. I'm weaning off the Wellbutrin now so I'll be curious to see if I have less side effects from the Imitrex or Relpax next time I take it. Thanks for the tip.