Blood Pressure Rising And Chest Pains

Well I hope everyone is doing fine in this hott weather...summer heat is not my friend :(

I have been on bystolic for 3wks and my hr is still around 114-125 but has went as high as 140. My blood pressure has also been somewhat high. I notice that after walking to the other room or doing light cleaning that my bp is rising. Yesterday I tested myself with my bp machine it was 100/70 and after vaccuming my floor it was 136/92. Also I notice I am getting more chest pains after cleaning or basically doing anything that gets my hr up. I've had two of them this month. I've even had them while laying down at night. Has anyone had these problems? Thanks in advance!!

I too am on Bystolic. I had one night where my BP was 158/136 and HR was in the 150's. It took a little bit for HR and BP to settle down. I mean by a little bit, 30-45 days so maybe that is it?? Hopefully ;o) Also, I had alot of chest pain in the 1st & 2nd month too. It eased as time went on as well. But I am on 5mg. and now it has been 3.5-4 months.

If it persists, I would check with your doctor.

I too am on Bystolic. I had one night where my BP was 158/136 and HR was in the 150's. It took a little bit for HR and BP to settle down. I mean by a little bit, 30-45 days so maybe that is it?? Hopefully ;o) Also, I had alot of chest pain in the 1st & 2nd month too. It eased as time went on as well. But I am on 5mg. and now it has been 3.5-4 months.

If it persists, I would check with your doctor.

I have had the chest pains while I was off of bystolic also. I will discuss these issues with my cardio on the 15th of next month.

Good call ;o) I find that I have some of these while on the Bystolic, but they are way worse when I am off. I can't stay upright or not faint when I am off the Meds.

My doc tried Toprol 1st but I was soooooo cold and blue, tired beyond belief and not to mention hair loss. Bystolic has been much better. With that said, every medication works differently on every individual. Hope you can find something that works for you or the Bystolic works itself out :D