Good News! Improvements!

issie

I just have to tell my news.

Since I've been working on my autoimmune system for about the last 7 months, things are really improving for me.

I have reversed chronic kidney disease from stage 3 to nearly stage 1. At stage 4 they start to talk to you about dialysis. This is pretty much unheard of.

I also had my eyes checked today. And my eyesight has gotten better. It has improved so much that I need to get new glasses and contacts and have less correction. I asked the doctor if they have ever heard of peoples eyes improving. They said not with a person who is nearsighted. The doctor wanted to know what I'd been doing. She is thrilled and said to keep it up.

I also saw family today that I had not seen in about 5 months. They said that I looked better than they remember seeing me both in appearance and how I functioned. My sister-in-law, went so far as to say I looked better than she ever remembered seeing me. That's a 20 year time period.

Just thought it may encourage others. I think addressing my immune system and my low fat vegan diet is what is making the difference.

Issie

Issie, congrats - that's really inspiring to hear and must feel great for you. You have mentioned bits and pieces of the regimen you're following in various threads - low fat vegan diet, supplements, addressing a parasite infection. You also had a great long thread about it.

Could you summarize in a couple paragraphs your regimen? What would a typical day be like for you in regards to how you are addressing your autoimmune issues.

Good for you. It is so encouraging to hear someone is making progress. Its a lot of work to research and then to find the right doctor that is willing to work with you and help you figure everything out. So glad you are doing better. Would love to hear more about supplements that seem to be helping you.

Rachel

Happy for you Issie.

Your hard work and determination are definitely paying off for you.

Just keep doing what you're doing as it seems to be working for you and keep us in the loop.

Alex

Issie, congrats - that's really inspiring to hear and must feel great for you. You have mentioned bits and pieces of the regimen you're following in various threads - low fat vegan diet, supplements, addressing a parasite infection. You also had a great long thread about it.

Could you summarize in a couple paragraphs your regimen? What would a typical day be like for you in regards to how you are addressing your autoimmune issues.

The main thing I'm doing is to address my immune system and this helps to eliminate/keep in check the protozoa and co-infection associated with Lyme. It also helps with MCAS as there is a strong connection with autoimmune in relationship to this. I take a lot of supplements and am on low dose doxycycoline and anti-malarial herbs (arteminsin with SOD). I use a strong enzyme to break down bio-films that bacteria, virus and protozoa live in. If you break that down - then the immune system and antibiotics can get to them to eliminate the problem. I'm to use this enzyme 2 hours before taking either the antibiotic or anti-malarial herb and then at least 2 hours later use probiotics so that I don't get a yeast problem.

The doxy and GastroCrom also helps with the immune system. The enzyme that I'm using is lumberkonaise. I also use Immune Formula of Symbiotics colostrum, grapefruit seed ext. (occasionally), turmeric, astaxanthin.

I do lots of different supplements that address the immune system and inflammation. Some help with mast cell problems (quercetin, turmeric, ginger).

I think what has helped the most is the low-fat vegan diet. When there are autoimmune issues some of the first things they take you off of is dairy and gluten. I'm also limiting sugar.

There are several threads with lots of info on this. But, if someone wants my specifics I'll be glad to post that. Just can't do that right this minute.

Issie

Wonderful :) ....My eye sight is better as well...just thought you would like to know!! I had severe corneal issues plus chronic dry eye that they've been treating. I'm also working on my diet, as well!!

Issie that is all sooo awesome. I'm really excited for you. Thanks for sharing your improvements and the regime you are on. It is immensely encouraging for the rest of us.

Janet

Issie, this is so exciting! Really glad for you! And if you wouldn't mind posting more of your particulars, I'd be glad to read them. This is an aside, but I happened to find one of your old posts on labile blood pressure, and I'm wondering how that is doing with this. I suffer from acute lability and would love to know how this has all helped that.

When I was having such extremes in swings with my blood pressure and the two numbers being near each other - I took clonidine for about 2 months. I got tired of being tired while on it. But, it stopped that swinging so bad. I do however think it caused me to have more edema.

I guess that must be doing better - as I'm seldom even checking my blood pressures. So, if I don't feel weird or sick - I don't look to see what it's doing.

Issie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...