Getting Blood Volume Tested Tomorrow

jesse1919

Hi,

I'm going to get my blood volume tested tomorrow. I should have done it a long time ago but well easier said than done - you know. My cardiologist said he's never ordered one before - amazing. And I think he's a decent doctor - at least he's heard of POTS! So I had to do the work myself - research the test procedure, sift through the Daxor press releases to find a place with a Daxor BVA-100, call, get the run-around and ended up having to drive all the way to Loma Linda even though I'm literally surrounded by doctors here in the south bay. I can't believe UCLA doesn't have a BVA-100. :lol: USC supposedly has one but I got nowhere when I called- maybe because they don't do it as an outpatient test, maybe because whoever I talked to is... you can finish the sentence. Kaiser West LA is also supposed to have one but I don't have Kaiser insurance. Anyway, wish me luck. The test will probably go okay but I'll need the luck for driving across LA on the 91 on Friday! :)

Jesse

Hi all,

Thanks for wishing me luck. I survived the test and the drive. I've been sort of waiting for the results before I replied. Of course I had to call a couple times and get the "the doctor is really busy but I left a note on his desk" answer. Anyway, the results were normal. I'm not too surprised because salt/ fluids only help slightly but Midodrine and stockings are more effective. I suppose I should be glad I don't need Procrit injections but I'm sure you can all relate to the disappointment of getting a normal result when you feel crummy.

The test wasn't too bad. The doctor that did it (Dave something) was surprised I knew so much about the test. I was a little nervous about not lying totally flat - I was in a reclining chair. I felt a little lightheaded when they took one of the vials and there's the usual sting from the IV but overall quite manageable.

Well, one step at a time I guess.

Jesse