Not Sure If It's Good Or Bad News??!!!

I just had a CT angiogram of my left kidney yesterday. My doctor called me this morning and said that I have something called AV malformation, which could be causing Hypotension. I asked him if this could be causing weakness, foggy brain, etc and he said he wasn't sure but that I needed to get this fixed. They are going to put a catheter in and clot the vein and artery which are too close to eachother, causing lack of blood flow to the kidney. The good news is my kidney itself is functioning properly.. He said he doesn't think this is the Nutcracker Phenomenon but that it could very well be a reason for my symptoms.. I'm just praying that this is the end to my long road of health issues!! Not sure when the surgery is yet. A little nervous about that! i'm only 27 and the only major thing i've done is have a baby!!! yikes. Well I know God will be with me.. just wanted to share this. Anyone else had this problem/been checked for this problem?

Rachel <_<

I forgot to tell you that many years ago I had an IVP, and the artery to my right kidney is in a weird position or something. I was told that at some point, it could impede the circulation and cause that kidney considerable damage. Not the the same problem, but the same result I guess.

I was in my 30's and am now 53. No one will do kidney tests on me, but the last cat scan I had showed minor abnormalities. Lord only only knows what that means.

Is this a major surgery, or something they can do with catheters and things. I mean, no big incision? They can do so many things with laprascopes now, we will hope that it can be done for this. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that it IS the cause of your problems...wouldn't it be nice to wake up cured??? Good luck sweetie! morgan

Morgan,

You might check out this website... http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/avms/avms.htm it talks about this kinda thing. Yeah they plan on doing the catheter thing, doc said it was way less invasive.. which is good, just still nerve racking. I would be ESTATIC if this is what is causing all my problems.. who knows!!!

Rachel