My 'version' Of Pots

mvdula

Just wondering if anyone has my 'version' of POTS (I am having blood tests for hyperadrenergic in a few days - but have not had POTS (healthy all my life) until the last couple of years). I do not have dizziness - nor does my bp drop, nor have I ever passed out, nor lightheadedness, nor brain fog. My main problem is I cannot do exertion - if I use my arms above my head, or bend over for any length of time (like to clean out the garbage can), (even carved 1/2 a roast the other night and suddenly felt hot, weak and like I was dying - feeling lasted 1-2 hrs), the faster and more strenous, the worse I feel (depending on the day). Heat also makes me feel ike I am dying, can't cool off, etc. If I avoid all these things (virtually impossible), I feel ok. My other symptoms are chest pain (occasional - no apparent cause) - which is independent of other symptoms - my chest bothers me a lot if I bend over for too long; my left arm periodically feels tingly, warm, slightly numb but I can use it fine - I just ignore and distract myself until it goes away after a few hours - this is also independent of other symptoms - comes on for no reason. My palpitations are also independent of other symptoms - and come on seemingly for no reason. Any other symptoms are much more minor - who knows if they are even POTS. I know that POTS is difefrent for everyone, but would someone who has similar symptoms please respond - I feel a little alone with my own brand of POTS - and second-guessing my Dx bc of this. Thanks!

Hi

I usually don't have the bp drop - I have hypertension. I only had one presyncope (in my car). I have been getting dizzy lately but that is more recent for me. My symptoms are pretty similar to yours except for the tingly arm. I have the chest pain and the breathlessness and the OMG I need to lie down now. Any activity that requires me to stand still (arms overhead - impossible) will make me symptomatic. The heart palps are pretty much gone - beta blocker helps with that.

Hang in there!

RARELY do I ever experience dizziness, and my BP generally does not drop at all. I have only passed out a few times in the 5 years i have had pots, and i think those few times were due to meds.

My symptoms pretty much are just shaky feeling in my extremities, extreme fatigue, extreme tachycardia, a "full" feeling in my legs, and horrific nausea. i dont get the lightheaded, dizzy sensations much - maybe a couple times a year.

You are not alone with feeling like you have your own version of POTS. It affects us all so differently. I can relate to feeling like I'm dying if I get too warm or too cold, or try to lift anything even remotely heavy. I rarely read posts about people having profound weakness spells as I get, so sometimes I wonder if I have the right diagnosis also, but than I'll read other posts that are exactly what I go through and dont' feel so alone with all this. Take care,

Tammy

Hi,

I have left sided problems myself. It can be my arm and leg and sometimes even my face! <_< I don't have a drop in BP, but I do get very tachy. I have palpitations. Exertion of any kind makes me worse. I am dizzy a lot, but my syncope has mercifully gone away. I still have lots of balance issues. I can't even stand still in one place for very long. I cannot vacuum, lift, etc. So yes, some of your symptoms remind me of mine.

I guess we come in all sorts of different packages!

Angela

Exertion is one of my worst triggers for symptoms. Needless to say I have flabby bat wings everywhere by now. <_< My bp was never below 180/100 for about 4 years. Now it drops like a bomb out of the blue, from 140/90 to 90/40 in about a minute. I never know what it is going to do. I started having syncope because my heart rate was dropping from 130 to 30. Since my pacer, that has been better, but I still get the symptoms. morgan

I have POTS similar...don't have BP DROP as my bp can be the LOWEST while lying flat. My pulse pressure is more likely to be an issue ..it's narrow sometimes, wide others (Top and bottom numbers 50 points a part or 15)

Also the doing ANYTHING with my arms or overhead, HUGE trigger. I have S L O W L Y worked on an exercise program for over a year. ONLY in the last three months have I added upper body machines. One at a time on the lowest weight (one plate)

But things putting bed linens on a queen sized bed with one side of the bed against the wall today, triggered horrible fatigue and nausea.

Bending over to clean litter boxes...carrying in small bags of groceries can do me in. I bring in refrigerator stuff...set time and go out later for the non perishables on many days. I do EVERYTHING in steps from make up when I use that, to bits of low maintenance gardening (HEAT AND HUMIDITY is THE WORST..but bitter cold is difficult to stop the shiverying..but many of us can't breathe in the heat)

Dizzy is a constant day though my abiility to make 'deals with gravity' and be upright vary greatly. Some days just the horrible fatigue is there but I can push for short bursts of time.

Other days I gray out vision wise, lose balance and MUST lie flat or recline those days...so many POTS is NOTHING more than tachycardia and fatigue/dizzy issues

On top of the autonomic problems that affect different body parts.

Mileage may vary.

<_<