What Kind Of Food Do You Eat?

Lauren78

Okay....I asked a question last week about bloating, food sensitivies, and the amount of food you eat. A large percentage answered 4-6 very small meals a day. I am having a hard time finding nutritious and healthy food that will fill me up, be small small amounts, but still give me my 1500 calories a day.

So I am looking for help....opinions, advice....what do you eat?

Dairy and refined carbs (bagels, muffins, etc...) seem to be the things that make me feel the worst. I'm a vegetarian, so fruits, nut butters, soy, seem to do ok. I typically eat a decent sized breakfast and graze throughout the rest of the day.

Since I have been on a high protein diet I find this very filling. I stick to 3 main meals a day and 2 snacks and I am also on about 1500 calories. Also stick in a tiny bit of dairy. IE one of my snacks is a yoghurt.

Typical day i do breakfast with cereal and milk, lunch is a sandwich with meat and salad in it. Dinner is meat with vegies or salad. Snacks are yoghurt/or lite crackers with lite cheese or a weight watchers muffin to get my little fix.

Since I've done this I've had less belly aches and the desire for bad foods is minimal.

I could only eat Carbs really until I started to eat Jenny Craig food. It has been the first time in 4 years that I can eat a balanced diet. I feel better now and since I am just me- it helps me to save my energy for building muscle instead of cooking. I've had severe muscle wasting and was in a cardiac rehab program for a while. Because of the G'paresis, food has been a real issue for me. I guess the Jenny Craig food is really low in fat and higher starchy. Plus, its balanced, so I don't have to force down the veggies which has also been a big issue.

It just came to me and was like total heavenly inspiration that the pre-pack meals would help me get better. So far, its a dream come true. I guess you can't ask for better. The goal is to find your individual helpers.

Kits.