Acupuncture For Bowel Symtoms

crwilbanks

I've tried acupuncture for dysaut symptoms (including dysmotility and abdominal issues) several times with different practitioners, and each time it just made me a hundred times worse. My body tends to overreact to everything, so I think maybe it just didn't know how to handle it. I finally gave up on it, but I have heard of people who've used a combo of acupuncture and biofeedback with encouraging results. I really think it just varies a lot from person to person, so it's always worth a shot!

Have any of you tried acupuncture? They say it can be helpful for I.B.S. problems.

Anyone have ANY feedback on this topic of Acupuncture and POTS symtoms?

Dear Kate,

First I would like to thank you for sharing your personal experience reguarding "acupuncture" with me and anyone else that might benefit from your story. Your information has been very helpful to me! I am the same way, very sensative to any form of treatment.

I viewed your profile and it made me cry. I had no idea you were so young! I haven't filled my own profile out yet but I am 47 yrs old. Want to know something really cooool...our Birthdays the same "MAY 16th"! How is that for having something in common?

Thanks again for your imput and I will ALWAYS pray for you!

Sincerely, Cathy

Have any of you tried acupuncture? They say it can be helpful for I.B.S. problems.

Anyone have ANY feedback on this topic of Acupuncture and POTS symtoms?

I did acupuncture for Gastroparesis symptoms and it was a lifesaver for me. I had bloating and pain so badly that I couldn't stand for my kids to sit on my lap and lean back. The acupuncturist was a man from China who was an MD over there and I think that makes a big difference. Be sure to check on their qualifications as I've heard some practitioners are not very qualified at all. In my state for example it is common for Chiropracters to take a 1 day course and then start doing acupuncture. I quit going to him after a month because it wasn't covered by my insurance and the costs add up. However, it took me from constant agony to mild discomfort. I'd go back to him in a heart beat. I hope that helps!

Good luck!