I Want To Rewind The Year And Start Over

carlacat

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone....Today we are going down to his place, for the first time since he has been gone. I feel that I just need to do this because I feel like I'm stuck on that same week and I'm not moving and the rest of the world is moving on without me. I know that sounds silly....

I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. To me my dad is still setting on his porch listening to his bluegrass and in heart he probably still is.

Carlacat

Nope, that doesn't sound silly at all; I know my Dad didn't really move on after his mom died until we went and cleaned out her house. That weekend, we held a tag sale on her lawn and it was probably harder for him than he let on because many familiar items were sold. I just dreamed of that house last night--and it's been more than 25 years since her passing! (and 24 since my grandfather). I was watching them in their yard, working in the garden and the potting shed. :)

Your dad will always be with you for as long as you remember him. I can't say that "time heals" b/c I watch Teri still struggle with missing her mother and it's been almost 30 years since she died.

Nina