Ssdi

morgan617

I have been on disability since 2003. I have not gotten better, I have gotten much worse.

However SSDI does not see it the same way, so I have to go through the entire process again. All the forms, seeing doctors, everything.

Then to top it off, on the same day I find this out, (today) we get a certified letter from my son's primary discharging him from his practice. he has thirty days to find another doctor. Jake has filed for SSDI (He has had arthritis since age 11, he's 26, it is progressive, his lower back and hips are almost fused, he has inflammatory bowel disease, hyperparathyroidism, Barrett's esophagus, gastroparesis, severe migraines, generalized anxiety, panic attacks, scoliosis, kyphosis, he takes over 30 pills a day and is on enbrel) He uses no pain meds ever, never calls them, goes in for all his appts. has never done anything to deserve this. he is just sick.

Any one in the health care field knows that being discharged from a practice is a death knell, as far as getting another good doctor. The kicker is, he is just being a big weenie and got his feelings hurt. By a social worker helping Jake. But instead of calling him and just explaining it was becoming complicated or he is a big wuss, he sends a form letter. I could not be more disgusted. Jake has done absolutley NOTHING wrong and is being the one victimized. I am so sick of all of this. I am truly beginning to believe there isn't a single decent doctor in this universe. I am used to this for myself, but for God's sake, a kid who's been sick so long, he has no memory of ever being well. Who doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs and treats people with the utmost respect.

He's in the middle of trying to get SSI, I am too, again, and he gets fired by someone we trusted. Does it ever end???????????? disgustedtodeathmorgan

I'm sorry that you, and especially your son, are going through what you are going through. It's bad enough that the Social Security people have decided to mess with you, but the doctor thing is just too much. I feel for your son, how he must feel when he's done nothing wrong, but to be dropped by somebody he trusted anyway. That has to be really tough. I hope that you will be able to find another doctor for him, a better doctor. Although, I have to agree with you when you wonder if there are any decent doctors in the world...

Sending a hug your way. I know it won't help, but it's all I can do...

Mary

I'm sorry to hear of these stressful things happening to you and your son. I hope things improve soon.

JJH

Well Morgan, I clicked on this post because I was amused by the "guess i'm not sick anymore" subtitle. However, this is anything but amusing. The first word that comes to my head is total abandonment. That's how this must feel for you and your son. You don't have people that will do the stand-up thing and just stand by you. I'm so sorry.

You shouldn't have to go through another round of questioning and denial, and your son shouldn't be a homeless medical case. It's horrific when you are so sick and so in need of help and validation, and you just get more victimization on top of it-- denial is a deadly weapon when wielded by a doctor or anyone in a position of power...what they say goes, and you have to abide by it even when it's not the truth.

What you and your son are going through is horrible.

Kristen

Oh Morgan-

Social Security is a joke. I finally got approved in September after 3 years. I finally got my backpay check yesterday. I told my husband, if something happened to me before the check the came he should keep me alive on a ventilator until it was deposited.

I feel for your son. My physician of 15+ years basically fired me face to face. I was really hurt. He said it was time I find another physician. He was

"burnt out" dealing with this illness. I said "you think you are burnt out" then it was bunch of blah, blah about he is having problems with his teenager,

dealing with clinic politics etc. WHATEVER.

I made an appointment with a woman doctor who is clueless, she doesn't want to prescribe my meds. All she cared about was doing a breast

exam and a pelvic which I wasn't due for. Then said you really should see a surgeon and have your bladder "tied up."

Never listened to my heart, listened to one lung. It was a physical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hoops we have to go through for social security is ridiculous and I suspect it is going to get worse with our economy.

Good doctors are hard to find. The process of looking for one is expensive. I wish I knew what to say. Let me assure you

the selection of physicians in Wisconsin is no better than Washington.

Dawn

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that the SSDI battle has to begin again. :D That's a slow and agonizing process. And on top of it all your son was fired by his doctor??? That's just terrible. I hope he can find a new doctor soon. I know they're hard to find in your area, though. Non-existent even. :( I wish I could change things for you.

Rachel

Morgan, flower---pink.jpg

What a bunch of bullroar-----------SSDI making you go through the whole process again??? Do you still get your benefits? I certainly hope so. Sorry about your son, that makes me want to puke-----what's the matter with that doctor? He sounds like a coward. Give him a kick in the rear for me, then put a fire cracker in it for me----shocked3.gif

Take care Dear,

Maxine :0)

Morgan,

what a dope. I dpoke w/hubby and asked him to brainstorm with me over my outrage. He suggested making an appointment with this schmo and ask what it was that made him do this. Mark said it can be fby phone or in person. Not that this is true for every doc, he said that if he sits down and talks with a patient after discharge, its best that just the patient and momor dad go don't g?gang up?

Perhaps this is all ridiculous, yet your son has a right ro ask for what is safe, healthy and effective. Miriam

Thanks for your support and replies.

My husband also goes to this guy and actually has an appointment with him next week. Jake is not in a great place to try and talk to him. He is very passive to begin with and truly feels like a deer in the headlights on this one. I did send him a letter and told him Jake deserved better from him.

Dave will see him this one last time and just tell him Jake would like to know what he did wrong...of course he didn't do anything wrong..but I want this idiot to see what his pettiness has done. Dave is very non confrontational (opposite of me :D ) so hopefully the jerk will talk to him. Then Dave will switch also.

I just want him to think about what HIS insecurities have done to an innocent. If this guy wants to be mad at the social worker or me, okay...but he has taken it out on the one he knows is not able to stand up to him. That's pathetic.

As far as my SSI thing, since I am now a DNR, and in a wheel chair and it is charted I am basically terminal, I'm not too worried about it, but it's just the hassle. Why don't they spend their time, efforts, and money on the people who really are cheating them?????

Just to put the whip cream on the top, a van 360'd last night and took out both our cars.....This is the worst winter we've had in 15 years. He couldn't leave the scene because his van was stuck in our car. Jake's car got hit the day before too. Oh what world.....(the wicked witch of somewhere) morgan

Morgan, I hate what you and your son are going through,I will keep you in my prayers HUGS,Pat

oh my lord that is a loud of horse hooey morgan!!!!! grrrrrr ssdi is a pain the behind...so sory that your being put the gov wringer again...

dizz