Seeing A New Researcher

Ernie

Hi,

I am so happy that I will be able to see a new researcher who is interested in my rare case. She has received the detailed of my syncopes and paralysis and does not seem to be freaking out at how sick I am. She might be testing me for 2-3 days. I hope she finds more understanding into my case and will be able to prescribe me better medication to improve my quality of life.

wow ernie that is awesome i wish you the best of luck with this new researcher! i look forward to hearing if you get some good results!

much love and many hugs

linda

Hi Sushi,

She is a neurologist,

She will be testing me for the muscle weakness and hopefully paralysis. The testing will depend on my interview when I get there. I have about 10 hours drive to see her. I did not get the papers yet. My PCP called me to give me the good news that I had the appointment. He had to fax my medical file and see if she felt that I fitted her research criteria. I never thought I would be accepted because all the neurologists have refused me so far, so I was surprised when I got the good news.

I told her secretary that I did not want to travel that far if the doctor did not feel that she could help me so that's why she studied my medical file more thoroughly than with the other patients. I did not want another flop.

ernie,

congratulations. you really are a special person, as i know you as a person with so much perseverance. i really admire that in you.

i do hope this research will give you some answers on the muscle weakness and the paralysis. at least you've found someone willing to take your case, that is a huge step forward. so congratulations on the new neuro AND on all the hard work to find her!!!

love,

corina :)

Good for you Ernie!

I hope that you get more help for your symptoms through this study, that would be a bonus---- :)

We have to drive 10 miles too for a study I'll be in at NIH in Baltimore MD. for EDS. When do you go Ernie, and where is the study?

I'm so happy for you---------safe travels for you dear.

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

Ernie,

Thanks for sharing this good news! I hope and pray that you have a smooth trip and that most of all the research/tests will be able to bring you improvement.

Thanks for letting us know and we look forward to hearing about your trip/experience.

Take care,

Lisa

• 2 months later...

Sorry to see this, Ernie. It is always frustrating to me when I post somewhere and don't get any responses. I hope that you have a great day.

Cindy

P.S. I haven't been on this site long, but from what I've seen I think you're a great encourager of the other folks here and I appreciate that.