My father had a heart attack

Timbo

Tim, I'm so glad for your dad...and for you.

My dad had the exact same location and I recall the heart surgeon saying the term "widowmaker" (like all the other stuff wasn't scarey enough!)--unfortunately, though, my dad had been having symptoms for months and did NOTHING until the big attack came. By that time, he was in such bad shape he was transferred to another hospital after they stabilized him...and then again to another where there was a surgeon that was willing to take him on (FYI, if you want to see his cardiac surgeon, just watch the new show on ...hmmm... I think it's Discovery Health Channel--the show is called "Second Opinion", I think--Dr. Oz).

Glad, too, that it doesn't sound like your dad is going to need an open heart procedure. Your dad was smart to have gotten treatment as soon as he did!

Nina ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update:

My father is doing way way better. He is having his second ECG tomorrow and the nurse basically guaranteed him that his ejection fraction (heart functionality) will be improved. He is up and puttering around the house. Somehow he sustained a stress fracture on his leg and has a soft cast on, but I have my father back!