Breakfast Foods

jenwic

I always have a lot of trouble finding things to eat for breakfast that don't cause my heart rate to go up, especially cereals. Morning seems to be the worst. I found a cereal that doesn't bother me. It's Special K protein plus. It has really low carbs and high protein. I put a little Splenda on it to help the flavor. :(

What breakfast foods agree with you?

I really like Kashi Heart to Heart blueberry (although I add extra berries, either dried or fresh, to it!) Sort of the same thing with your special k- higher protein then a lot of cereals, plus fiber and vitamins. Now, if they would just add back in the sodium, I'd be great.

Oh, and a Diet Dr. Pepper. I cannot live without my morning Diet Dr. Pepper. :(

hi,

high proteins and low/no carbs in the AM. Pancakes always made me feel worse if I had eaten that for breakfast, shortly after eating that I would experience fast heart rate, drop in pressure, and a drunk feeling would come over me for quite a while. I have also found that eating something that contains high salt at night before bedtime seems to help me feel a little better in the morning.

I usually eat a bowl of cereal, either Cinnamon Life, or Smart Start Cinnamon Raisan. And I'll have a cup of coffee...sometimes 2 cups...one to enjoy and the other to take my medicines with. For some reason coffee is the only thing i can take my meds with, that doesn't make me sick.