Roseanne Cash Recovering

worththewords

Country star recovering after brain surgery

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rosanne Cash was recovering at her Manhattan home following brain surgery last month for a rare but benign condition.

Cash

Cash was back home December 4 and "recovering comfortably from her surgery, which took place on November 27," said a posting on her Web site. "She extends thanks and appreciation for all the love, good wishes, prayers and kindness."

The 52-year-old singer is expected to make a full recovery and will resume recording her debut album for Manhattan Records early next year, the EMI Group-owned label said Wednesday in a statement. She will resume her touring schedule in the spring and finish writing a book to be published in early 2009.

Cash decided to have the surgery after being diagnosed with Chiari Type I malformation, her manager said last month.

According to the American Syringomyelia Alliance Project, a nonprofit clearinghouse for information about Chiari and related disorders, the disorder is a congential malformation of the skull that affects the brain and spinal cord.

Symptoms, which include severe head and neck pain, are worsened by coughing, sneezing or straining, and often don't show up until adulthood, the organization says.

Cash is the daughter of the late Johnny Cash. Her hits include the crossover "Seven Year Ache" and "The Way We Make a Broken Heart."

source: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/1...h.ap/index.html

I think her dad suffered from gastroparesis, maybe as a result of an autonomic dysfunction...the Shy-Drager DX was an attempt to figure it out? Wonder if he was ever evaluated for Chiari?

I hope Roseanne has a good recovery and shows improvement in her symptoms.

Julie