I Think Im Having Seizures?! Help

nikigrl8883

i think i have been having some type of partial seziure i feel like im going to have one anytime...i have a wierd aura i feel......yesterday i went to the hospital to visit a friend who was actaually admitted for having a seizure (ironic) anyway as i was leaving my legs felt like wieght and i felt like i was gonna go down anytime...when i got home my head felt extremly odd.....my bp was sky high and i felt sick i kept getting waves of anxiety through my body...i feel the same way today.....the back of my head feels wierd my throat is very tight i feel nasusa...very shaky.....i got that internal vibration feeling in my face lastnight....when this happens i feel like im loosing consciouisness but never actual do....i dont think im having the full out falling down seizuresd and shaking...but theres somthing going on in my head.....ive felt bursts in my head before....i had an eeg about a year ago that showed nothing ive had a brain mri nothing....but im telling you this is somthing like seizures anyone else have this?@@ or know about it :)

# Blood pooling in limbs (Grubb, 2000) (can make legs feel heavy and appear mottled and purple in color)

that is from www.potsplace symptoms.

I have been to epilepsy support groups and what you post does not seem to me to sound like anything I've heard there. But you should look over the potsplace site.

It really does sound like "us", IMO.

hope you feel better!

Hi, Niki:

With the exception of "bursts" in the head, it all sounds very POTSy to me. Particularly the vibration feeling in your face sounds like a sensation I feel when I become very, very nauseated, which also occurs for me right along with pre-syncope. The only bursts I've ever had in my head are when I am sleeping, sometimes I'll "hear" (for lack of a better word) a bang that wakes me up with a jolt, but this is a pretty common sleep thing that occurs even in healthy folks.

Get lots and lots of rest. A hospital trip can really wear you out, even when its not you in the hospital. It is a very stressful environment and can knock even a healthy person for a loop, let alone a person with dysautonomia! :) It sounds like you are having a really rough flare. I hope you feel better soon!

thank you all for the replys.....i needed it ....the only thing was i dont think my bp was low at all yesterday i took it right after this episode occured... if anything it was on the high side....and this was almost right after the heavy leg feeling and passing out feeling.....all day today the same feelings as yesterday and my bp is not low.....my hr is normal sitting standing somewhat high but not that bad...my head just feels odd all the time all da long it has......i usually suffer through the day at college and dont feel this bad,,,ughhhh

Hi, Niki:

We know you're not crazy, sweetie. We're here to validate each other and try to make sense of all of our weird symptoms. I think in POTS our bodies are horribly misaligned, and our vital signs don't necessarily correlate to how we feel. Part of the problem is that our bodies just don't seem to react correctly. I've felt great with heart rates at 150 and awful with heart rates at 110. I almost always have low blood pressure, but one day I felt just terrible and it measured in the 130s/90s, which I've never seen before or since! :)

Also, from all your activity and stress yesterday, you may have experienced some problems with oxygenated blood reaching your brain. That can cause some pretty awful sensations in the head, and I think each time can bring on different symptoms, which maybe means that different parts of the brain responsible for different functions throughout the body may have received less blood than others. Of course, I'm just hypothesizing here.

What I would recommend is resting for a day or two, don't push yourself too hard. Your body is sending you very loud messages that it needs a break. Lots of sleep, lots of rest, and lots of fluid, and this flare should pass.

Take care of yourself. :)

I just wanted to send you a big hug. Don't be to hard on yourself, as anxiety is part of POTS. Everything just feels more exaggerated to us. I used to get scared whe I felt twitches and pressure ect in my neck, and my lower cranial area, but now they don't even bother me.

I still worry too much about things, but I have gotten better in knowing what I need to worry about, and what I don't need to worry about. Educating myself on POTS, and my other health issues helped out a lot. Do this with caution, and always ask your doctor no matter what, as we do not have the education to understand everything we read.

I know sometimes, we know more about dysautonomia then some of our Docs, and unfortunately this is when the somatic disorders get diagnosed. Some doctors can't admit it when they don't know about certain illnesses, so they blame the patient.

If you EEG, and MRI are OK, it might be just part of the POTS fun--- :) . All kinds of weird things happen to our body.

One time while doing a actecholene (spelling?) sweat test, It felt like my heart was flopping around. then Tech that was doing the test assured me it wasn't, that my EKG showed normal rate an rythm. But the flopping continued----or twitching of large organs----it's was something, and it was never explained to me. I'm just assuming that maybe the electrical current was a little too strong for me, and it was affecting me more.

I still have anxiety about the amount of health probelms I'm dealing with daily, but I see a psychologist to help me though.

Do you best to focus on not worring too much----maybe distract yourself with something. I Read when I get worried. I can worry if I have to concentrate on something else--- :)

Take Care,

Maxine :0)

I know exactly what you are talking about. I get burst like feelings in my head occasionally. I have convulsions from NCS that usually start with weakness, heaviness in legs, slurred speech, going limp or almost limp, being unable to speak. Then the facial twitching comes, then the rest of my body starts twitching. It's not the normal seizure/convulsion and my EEG and MRIs are neg. Mine are from NCS, autonomic dysreflexia, my periods (i'm premenopausal), infection, or an autonomic flare up. Drs. can't explain it. It's rare. It is real. I'm on seizure meds--3 of them. I know the burst feeling in my head is real cuz it goes with my jerking body. Sometimes it is a precursor to a convulsion and then happens at the same time as a jerk.

Maybe your body is not going into full convulsions and you just feel those beginning symptoms. If that is it, thank God you don't have to deal w/ convulsions. My BP goes up before a convulsion too.

Another possibility is over stimulation. When I am recuperating from a flare up my brain is ultra sensitive to sights and sounds and movements... and will get pain in my forehead from trying to do something I haven't done in months. That could also be described as a burst sensation.

Hope that helps.

Smiles