What Kind Of Jobs Etc. Does Everyone Have?

ajw4790

Hi Everyone

It is interesting that there are a lot of heath care workers posting here. I am also an RN. I have been unable to work for the past year and a half because of my symptoms. I have read that nurses walk an average of 8 km during their shift - can't do that anymore! Just as great (or greater) concern for me at work is the cognitive fog that I experience. I can be responsible for up to 150 patients on a night shift (which I also can't do anymore) as a supervisor. It has been very difficult for me to admit that I am no longer able to do the job I love. Not sure what the future holds in this area.

Summer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Summer, I know what you mean. I was working as a RN as well, did charge and was also very active on other committees on the floor. It is extremely difficult for me not to be working in the hospital anymore, but there is no way I could do it, am afraid I would make a mistake since my brain fog is so bad. I used to work 12hr day shifts on the craziest busiest floor. I hope to go back some day cause I really miss it, but it's been 2yrs already and I don't feel any better than when I first got sick. I really miss being able to take care of others and the patient interaction, also miss my group of nurses I worked with.