Update On Amy

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with Amy. She is still in the hospital, and she will probably be there for at least another day. She is experiencing some hefty POTS symptoms and is passing out almost every time she gets up. The doctors also think she might have had an infection in her line. The good news is that she has not had any allergic or other reactions to her new central line. We're hoping she can keep this one. I can't even remember how many times she has had problems with lines....way too many times. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Michelle

Thanks for the update Michelle. I don't read a lot of the posts here (too tired to keep up!) but do know Amy has had so many issues with her lines that it must be wearing her out.

I hope her fainting stops and she can get out of the hospital and safely home.

Thoughts and prayers to her and her medical team.

I talked to Amy again this evening. They are keeping her in the hospital because her blood pressure is very low, and she is fainting on a regualr basis. Her doctor suggested a rehab type step down unit or 24 hr home care. I think Amy is going to go with the 24 hr home care.

The good news is that Amy is not having any problems with her new central line. :)

Thank you to everyone who has posted get well wishes and will be sending cards.

-Michelle

thanks for updating michelle!

amy,

i am so sorry you are in hospital again. and how you must have felt when the doctors suggested rehab for you. i hope you can do with the homecare, but that is a very big infraction in your family life. i am very sorry to hear that you've come to this point. i do hope (and i'm sending you my very best thoughts and well wishes) that you will soon recover to the point where you can do with a little less help!!!

take care, love,

corina :)

Hi everyone,

I read Amy all of your get well wishes over the phone today. She says THANK YOU! She is still in the hospital, and is now considering going to the rehab step down unit. She will probably be there for a couple weeks. Right now they are trying to help her walk with a walker. They are hoping she will improve to a cane. Amy says she will have to paint flames on her cane to at least pretend she is moving fast. ;)

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. This last surgery really hit her hard.

Michelle

Wow Amy. Your poor body has been through way too much! Between you and Melissa, you keep us on our toes!!!

Hope you gain your strength faster than you expected and are home and healthier soon.

Nina

hang in there amy....i know it's easier said than done at times. it really is NOT a good idea though to try to catch up with me in terms of amount of time in the hospital in one year :D!!! rehab has never been something i've "qualified" for b/c my body couldn't tolerate being up enough, but i've been in rehab-type settings for other treatment (when i was on multiple IV antibiotics that were too much for home) at times so while i know it's not where you want to be, there is a time & place for it such that hopefully it can help get you to a better place before heading home.

and i definitely vote for decorating any "helps" you might need that are yours to keep (cane, walker, etc.). my wheelchairs are both blue - one sparkly blue, my IV/ tube feed pole at home is VERY decorated, & i have a wide variety of decorative bags for my portable IV/ tube feed pumps as the medical bags they came with just don't cut it. even if i'm the only one who sees the decorations at times they're much cheerier.

love, prayers, & good wishes,

:o melissa

Hi everyone,

Amy is doing a smidge better now. She did decide to go to the rehab step down unit of the hospital. She'll be there for a few weeks. Meanwhile, the doctors are performing a bunch of tests to see why she is not doing well after the surgery. I will let Amy fill you in with all the personal details.

For those of you who ordered t-shirts in the last few weeks, Amy's husband or mom will be mailing a box of various sized t-shirts to me and I will be filling the orders. We apologize for the delay.

Michelle