Pots-y Places

Here's a question for you all:

Are there any certain excursions that really make your POTS/autonomic problems hard to ignore? I've found that quite possibly my worst place is the library, which is unfortunate, because I love it! I've found that when I'm looking at books on a low shelf, I have to plop right down on the floor. And still, when I stand up, it's blackout city!

It's not as bad as it was when I was taking nortriptyline for nerve pain/interstitial cystitis. Then I thought I was going down for sure, though I've never actually fainted.

Nothing bothers me like the library. What about you?

Amy

For me a lot of places, but it depends on the day.

School where they roast us. Shopping in stores especially with a lot of lights, if it is warm, if have to stand in line, or especially if a lot of kneeling or bending over is involved.

I tend to get sick feeling when I get a haircut. Those have been some of the worst times.

And outside anywhere in the heat and sun. When I was younger I couldn't take the heat and puked all over the inside of Turner Field! :)

I am a library floor sitter too--don't even care what they think anymore, and as far as shopping malls--they seem to have a way of just sucking out the energy. It is more than standing, maybe all the chemicals. Subways in NYC in the summer--actually thought I was going to die and never took one again in the summer--air-conditioned buses!

Hello,

That's funny that you mentioned the library being your worst place because I've noticed this recently for me as well (sadly!). I can be feeling fairly well going in and within minutes I'm symptomatic and feeling like I've got to lay down.

Other places for me are shopping malls (over stimulating!), grocery stores and anywhere hot - especially outside in the summer!

Hope you have a great day!

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...