Normal Bp&hr?

roxie

can anyone explain how I can have normal resting bp and hr yet I still feel terrible. My bp normally run something around 110/76 when I am lying down and with meds my pulse will be in the 80s but i dont feel good at all. I am exhausted, nauseas, woosie,lightheaded, achy and many other things i just don't get it does anyone understand that?

I mean most dr's think its just a bp problem but i think that there is more to it

Madeline

I know exactly how you feel! When a doctor who doesn't know you or your case sees a normal BP and HR and assumes that it means you are healthy, it really makes my blood boil! There are a lot of other chemical and physical things going on inside, which are also measurable by some tests, but they're not super easy to check for, and some doctors will say that if you're feeling bad but look ok, then it's all in your head! A good POTS doctor will know that this isn't the case, though, so I hope you've found someone helpful.

Dysautonomia affects a lot more than just blood pressure and heart rate. I sometimes think Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome is an unfortunate name, because most of us have so much more than just tachycardia. I've got migraines, bowel problems, bladder problems, polycystic ovaries, a propensity to feel panicky ... and I'm sure that it's all because of my body not regulating itself properly.

Amy

Madeline,

I asked Dr. Low that kind of question years ago when I last saw him. I feel dizzy with standing even though my BP drop and HR are controlled ("normalized") on toprol and midodrine. He said that some people still have orthostatic symptoms even though the BP and HR don't actually change upon standing. He said that we do not know why this is so. We assume that there is still decreased brain perfusion upon standing despite normal numbers. There is still much to learn about POTS.

Karyn