Spider Veins Common? What About Cellulite For Potsies?

Lauren78

Hi everyone! Sorry...I have been incommunicado for about a month or more. I had wedding plans along with normal crazy life. Then family and friends in town. We got married...then went on our honeymoon. We are back now and life is settling back down to normal.

So, I have a question about cellulite and spider veins. It seems that since I have had POTS I have noticed a lot of spider veins on my upper and lower legs. Is this because of the vasoconstriction/dilation thing? Is this normal for POTsies? Is there anything I can do about it?!

I notice the same with cellulite on the thighs and butt too...seems more prominent than before.

I know these are also just women things....but I am not even 30, and not at all overweight...so I wondered why all this is happening now. I wondered if it was connected to the POTs or if I am just suffering from women problems now! LOL.

Thanks for listening and giving me your opinions!

I've missed you all, so it's good to be back!

hey there, i am only 25 - and only weigh 122 at 5'8' and i have pretty bad cellulite on my thighs and rear end as well! .....i hate it. ;) ...i just recently started trying a product by nivea, a cream, to try and reduce the appearance of the cellulite. it says on the bottle that you should notice results in two to four weeks, but i have used it now for three weeks and havent really seen a change........

i think it's probably just "normal" women problems, but sure doesnt feel like it when you are so young and arent overweight...

hope you find something that helps!

good luck.

cardiactec.

Welcome to aging ladies. Cellulite and spider veins are common across women in general--and I've seen elite athletes, with very little body fat, who have both of them.

Nina

Lauren,

Congratulations on your wedding!!!

These are just common women problems. Even in early high school when I was a year round competitive swimmer, very skinny, had lots of muscle and very little body fat, I still had cellulite on my inner thighs. I've never been able to do anything about it. But my husband loves me anyway. :)

I don't know much about spider veins. There was a thread a few months ago, though. You could try a search.

Again, congratulations! And welcome back. ;)

Rahel

Your question caught my eye, so, for what it's worth. . .

I have been seen by a vascular surgeon for leg pain, and had one Doppler scan done on my legs (and am scheduled for another this coming week). I have spider veins on my ankles, at my knees, and on my thighs. I have had them since I was a teen, and they were more pronounced when I was pregnant. The PA in the surgeon's office explained to me that spider veins were varicosities of varicose veins, and while I don't see any varicose veins, they are there -- deeper. I found that interesting.

Varicose veins and spider veins tend to be hereditary, as well. My legs look just like my Father's, and his like his mother's. Likewise, my low BP, slow HR, and arrhythmias mimic his too.

You can minimize the appearance of the spider veins, and any discomfort in your legs, with compression hose, and surprisingly enough, staying well-hydrated. Stay off your feet when you can, and if you work/live in a home with concrete floors, should really consider wearing tights, or low-compression hose, at the very least.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Congrats!!!

I am only 15 and I have varicose veins in my legs, not the same as spider but in the same realm i guess....my doc says he doesn't know if its from pots but multiple people have asked him about it lately, so he thinks maybe there is a link.

On the cellulite side of things, i used to be in really good shape, not too bad now, but from what i used to be it is, and i did then and still do now have fat and such around my thigh and tummy area, its has definetly gotten worse since being sick and not as crazy active as i used to be, but i also think all the salt we take in might be affecting it too, as its not the healthiest thing, even though we need it.

Again congratulations,

Mary

Thank you everyone for your replies. It does seem as though it's mainly a woman thing, but that there may be some POTs connection.

I will give the compression hose a try, as well as more hydration.

For the cellulite...I read about a product called Oligo DX that is supposed to be fantastic...I think I will give it a try. Any one else try this product before?

Thanks for the congrats everyone. :)