Update, Etc.

Jacquie802

Hi,

Just wanted to let those who saw Dr. Novac @ Boston Medical Center know that he has left. He's a great doctor so as many of you can imagine it's hard to find another doctor out there who is knowledgable about POTS. Anyhow, I am waiting 6 months to see Dr. Freeman @ BIDMC. From what I know he's a great doc too. My cardio is trying to get me in sooner, because lately I have not been doing too great. I am on 50mg of Zoloft but I haven't seen any effects from it either.

Lately everything has been crazy for me. I went for an ultrasound and the docs found a hematoma on my spleen, no idea how it got there! I got a CT Scan done and I missed my docs call about the results. I have been in the hospital twice in the past few weeks for horrible tachy and stomache pains. I guess I am tired of dealing with all the health issues, which I know everyone here is. Thanks for listening to me vent. I hope everyone is doing okay.

Jacquie

• 1 month later...

Jacquie,

I was just wondering if you had been evaluated for ehlers-danlos syndrome? It seems to be more common amoungst POTS patients than in the general community and can be a cause of unexplained / easy bleeding and bruising. Of course there are lost of other causes that I'm sure your doctors will be checking for but EDS is something worth asking them about.

Flop

I see Dr. Freeman at BIDMC, and he is brilliant. My only words of advice are be persistent to make sure that you get all of your questions answered. He is very kind but also very rushed, so I've had to pull him back a few times from walking out the door! It took me an appointment or two to become more assertive in our visits. His credentials made me feel a bit cowed, but I got over that. He's never been impatient with my questions - he just tends to think the appointment is over before it is, I think.

On the other hand, he is fantastic about returning calls, and his office is really great about fitting people in even if they have to add extra clinical days. Their most recent fellow just finished her fellowship over the summer, so the office has been a bit short-handed.

Thanks for the info! My apptmt with Dr. Freeman isnt until April 2008! Yikes!!

Jacquie